67 2000 update:

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 67 2000 update:
From: Gerardo Magana <gerardomagana@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 07:47:51 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all, It has been a busy month, I will be posting
some pictures tonight of the progress on the car.  The
frame is getting powder coated tomorrow morning and
will come back on Friday afternoon.  That is great
news for me especially since I have to get the
suspension and drive train back on it through the
weekend.  I was curious if any one had suggestions for
grounding straps.  I know that newer cars use extras,
has anyone done anything like this on their cars??  I
drove up to the Bay Area yesterday and looked at the
color that the paint shop had scanned and it looked
pretty much dead on!!  The car has had the door's,
trunk, hood removed for paint.  It is better to do it
this way as it ensures that all the jambs match.  The
car will be painted on Friday or Saturday and will be
back on the frame by midweek next week.  Then the
whole thing needs to be reassembled.  It's going to be
close.  Lots of little details need to be buttoned up
before the car is roadworthy, an alignment, tuneup,
and valve adjustment.  I hope it's done in time,
either way I will see you all in Solvang.
Later, Gerardo