Ignition 67.5 1600

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ignition 67.5 1600
From: "joseph jackson" <rimshot@a-znet.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 19:27:13 -0400
I believe I have an elementary problem whose solution is escaping me..It
appears that I am not getting a hot spark.
Points are ok and gap adjusted ; new wires ;capacitor seems OK,discharges
slowly as it should; new rotor; new plug wires; I  had it running a week or so
ago, now no start even with starting fluid,weak spark. I have a spare coil and
resistance is same as the one in the car.
Should I be seeing full voltage at the coil terminals ? What is the function
of the resistor in series with the coil ? What resistance should it be?

Joe Jackson