Re: Run to the Hills April 16

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Run to the Hills April 16
From: PETER VANDERPAS <giraffehauler@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:01:56 -0800 (PST)
--- Alvin Gogineni <gogineni.alvin@gene.com> wrote:
> Is this still happening?

Thanks for the reminder Alvin.

YES!  Please let me know if you are interested.

More info at:
http://groups.msn.com/BADROC

After my initial post back in January, my son crashed
the roadster in a rear ender.  No one was hurt, but
the roadster got the worst of it in terms of damage.
Not only was the front smashed, but it broke the
transmission as well.

I am happy to report that it is coming out of the shop
tomorrow.  The 3-4 shift fork broke, and Rallye still
has new replacements available.  There was nothing
else wrong with the transmission, so no need for a
complete tear down or to replace the whole box.

Saturday, the roadster goes in for body and paint.  I
am hoping it will be ready for the Run to the Hills,
but if not, I will represent in my '71 240Z.

The body side molding on the '68 roadster was not
original, and is looking shabby after many years of
use.  Moss Motors sells reproduction molding for the
MGB similar to the '68 roadster and I think with minor
modifications it will look okay.  There are some
issues with length, and the MGB molding terminates in
a squared off fashion instead of a point, but I think
I can make it work.  Moss sells the reproduction MGB
molding for about $60 including fasteners and
shipping, compared to perhaps 10X that for OEM Datsun.
 So I figure it's worth a try.  I'll let folks know
how it turns out, and will try to post some pictures.

But back to the Run to the Hills.  This has been a
very nice event in the past.  With all the rain we
have had this year the flowers are out, and with all
the sun we have had recently I think this could be the
best one yet.  In brief, we meet Saturday, April 16 at
11:00 AM at Concannon Winery at 4590 Tesla Road
Livermore, CA 94550:

http://www.concannonvineyard.com/directions.html

Picnic, and some roadster bonding, and then take off
to the hills by 1:00 PM or earlier if we can.  We
reach Mt. Hamilton by 3:00 or 4:00, then back down Mt.
Hamilton Rd. to San Jose.

Peter van der Pas
650-714-2654

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250