Compression #2

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Compression #2
From: "owen tasker" <redrider68@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:15:06 -0800
Thanks for all the input, it was very helpful, I didn't know that the
throttle needed to wide open, but that make sense. So I ran another
test.

       Dry            Wet

# 1- 150 lbs      175 lbs

# 2- 157           185

# 3- 151           180

# 4- 145           175

Battery fully charged, throttle blocked wide open, valves adjusted,
engine warmed up. I use 10w40 and a bottle of motor honey. It smokes the
worst on startup, blue smoke, also smokes at idle but clear up when
revved up. Number 2 & 3 sparkplugs look ok but # 1 & 4 are black with
carbon. If I wanted to change out the valve seals, does that require any
special tool? Pull the cam, rockers, and springs? Probably needs a full
rebuild though.

Thanks, Owen.
68' 2000
Hillsboro, OR.