Seat reupholstering

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat reupholstering
From: <JohnnyRoadster@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:02:31 -0500
Hello,

I have cut the new foam for the seat bottoms.  I have installed a short metal
bar, just as the original had to compress the foam where your bottom sits.  I
am going to spray some adhesive and do a final cover with cotton batting.

My questions are

1.  When I put the new seat cover on, does it get glued also? I see some
photos where the seat cover looks secured where the metal bar is in the
middle, but my cover does not look like there is a way to do this.  Maybe it
will just 'settle' into that position?

2.  It looks like I need to slide a metal bar, about the thickness of a coat
hanger to secure the new seat cover to the old tabs on the seat frame.  What
have others used.

JohnnyRoadster

http://community.webshots.com/user/johnnyroadster