starter removal

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: starter removal
From: JOver4X4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 19:26:29 EST
List,

Thank you to all who offered suggestions regarding the starter removal on  my
68 2000.  I tackled the project today, and, surprisingly had the starter  in
my lap in less than 20 minutes.  It had been out the wheelwell before as  the
triangular body mount brace had been bent up slightly.  The  starter was able
to be pulled out between the body and frame with no  problem.  Much easier
than pulling the manifolds like I thought!   Since it is a piece of cake I may
just go back in with the starter from my parts  car and rebuild the old one
rather than going with the gear reduction  unit.  Maybe it will come later when
don't need the $$ for other  upgrades.

It was over 60 degrees here in Denver today.  I missed a great day for  a
winter drive!

Thanks again,

John Over