RE: anyone have this titan problem

To: "Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: RE: anyone have this titan problem
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 10:42:35 -0800
Ford has the same problem if you replace the brakes and turn the rotors
instead of replacing them.  In a few thousand miles you will get a nice
jerking stop whenever you apply the brakes.

This is a nice feature in a luxury ground transportation car.  You spend
$560.00 for a four wheel brake job, including turning the disks, and then go
back in 5-10,000 miles (one month or less) and have new rotors installed.  I
suspect that the disks are not designed to properly dissipate heat and just
warp from excess heat caused by normal use.  In truth this is the only real
maintenance problem I have seen in these cars.

Now that our 2003 models have exceeded 200,000 miles they are driving just
fine with a minimum of maintenance required.  Even the 2002 with well over
300,000 is a good driving car with only slightly higher maintenance needs.
Unlike the 6" longer (factory option) 2003's, the standard size 2002 can be
fun in corners when I need to get there quickly without a passenger in the
car.....

Before you think I am getting on Ford, I won't even start on the two 2004
GMC Denali's I drive....  Now I understand why we don't see many Cadillac's
in ground transportation service.  Clients with late model Mercedes are
complaining about the amount of time their cars are spending in the dealers
garage instead of theirs.

Tom
69 2000
Portland