Way Off Topic:What the heck is this: oh, its a 700 cubic inch

To: RWM@rwmann.com
Subject: Way Off Topic:What the heck is this: oh, its a 700 cubic inch
From: "Jim InVirginia" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:44:48 -0500
Other folks turned me on to the Donovan Engineering Website, and these are
kick ass
700CI 180LBS block race engines..so it is really probably not that bad of a
deal for 73K each, keeping
in mind that they were new, probably complete, and probably about 1000HP
each..and the ones in the pictures are just used up blocks (although looks
like with pistons and cranks!)

The Navy probably only bought a few, and they probably went to SPEC OPS.

I know all the garden variety small craft are powered by much more normal
things, like
detrroit diesels, and honda 4 stroke OB motors.

I am thinking I might as well go look at them, when the time comes.  If I
can shake a few
con rods, and get an idea that some of the blocks, or pistons, or cranks are
OK, then there is
a possibility of making money on the parts on E-bay.

This site is always cool to look at and speculate on, during an unusually
slow pre-holiday
work day!

If anyone sees anything good at Portsmouth, or Norfolk, I can easily check
both these places.

Best Regards, and Happy New Year!
Jim
Chesapeake Virginia

>From: RWM <RWM@rwmann.com>
>To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
>Subject: Re: Way Off Topic:  What the heck is this
>Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:10:21 -0500
>
>Sadly, I'll bet they/we paid $73K apiece, making the deal worth $500K....
>
>This is "our" govt we're talking about, where gold-plating contracts is the
>norm.
>
>- Bob Mann
>

>Andy Cost wrote:
>
>>I bet they paid $73,000 for all 7 of them making the individuals worth
>>about $10,000 each.

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!