Metropolitans (OT, was: insurance)

To: "Datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Metropolitans (OT, was: insurance)
From: "Mark and Susan Miller" <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 13:49:20 -0800
Hey, that happened to my 61 Metropolitan.  Not much fun as I recall.

Obligatory Datsun content: when I sold the car it went to someone in
Emeryville, CA who restored Aston Martins for  living.  He had a client who
wanted to give his wife a Metropolitan for Christmas, but the catch was it had
to be reliable and an automatic.  His solution was to toss the British running
gear and swap in a Datsun B210 engine and transmission.  He also redid the car
top to bottom and it was incredible.  By the time he was finished he had over
$15K into the car.  Not bad for a more or less joke gift.

Mark Miller
Bodega, CA
69 RHD Fairlady 2000

From: Tminerpcav@aol.com
I was driving a 57 Nash Metro (I'll never admit it) and the hood flew up.  I
trashed the hood, dented the tops of the fenders, and dented the hardtop. I
called Hagarty and they told me to take to ANY shop I wanted amd have it
fixed. No estimate first, no claims adjuster apointment, just have it fixed.