Re: Alloy Wheel rust removal

To: TWFAUST@aol.com
Subject: Re: Alloy Wheel rust removal
From: Marc&Heidi <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 09:03:52 -0500
If it's rust on a painted finish, Have you considered a mild abrasive
approach like polishing compound?  This should polish out rust spots
etc, and remove oxidation from the paint.  they should come up looking
new.  just a bit labor intensive around all those corners.

-Marc
On Oct 23, 2004, at 3:52 PM, TWFAUST@aol.com wrote:

> I appreciate the replies so far, but I think my question was
> confusing. The
> rust on the wheel is from metal deposits left by brake pads being run
> down to
> the metal. The wheels themselves are painted aluminum Minilites.
>
> Tom Faust

Marc Tyler Sisterdale TX
1970 1600 #SPL311-31016
1965 L-320 #L320 013642