RE: oil spray bar on U20 question

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: oil spray bar on U20 question
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:49:31 -0700
Ron, as far as I know, there's only three fasteners. Two are studs and one
is a front cover bolt. You may have electrolysis between the aluminum water
pump housing and the steel studs.

Sounds like the oil line is an attempt to get oil up to the head (and the
upper tensioner) quicker than normal, in order to prevent the Death Rattle.