Good Outing Today

To: "Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: Good Outing Today
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:40:31 -0700
Since I work when almost everyone else is off work I cannot go on most of
the meetings or runs in the area.  Today I took Mr. Hyde out for a day of
exploring the places I used to take my 68 2L when I was a kid.  These are
some of the oldest hiways in North America, or the Old Columbia River Hiway,
which is very twisty, and very scenic, and I used to run it at speeds up to
70 MPH around midnight years ago.  We had a great time exploring some
beautiful water falls and the fish runs at Bonneville dam.  I also
rediscovered a number of beautiful places I had forgotten about, most of it
at a much slower speed than years ago.

I did discover one thing that will require some investigation.  As I charged
into a 20 MPH corner at around 6000 RPM in 1st gear my daughter started to
complain about some green stuff being squirted on her foot.  Anti-Freeze was
coming from the heater valve, which on a high 70's day was turned off.  I
turned the heater on and there was no more problem for the rest of the trip.

It seems to me that there was a comment made some time back about O rings in
the heater valve that can be replaced.  It that correct, or do I need to
start looking for another heater valve over the winter?

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
68 1600/L16
Portland