Crankshaft Pulley Lockwasher

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Crankshaft Pulley Lockwasher
From: "mike" <twobeaners@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 20:01:05 -0500
Hey List,
How is everyone! Haven't had any questions or advice for a while, but I'm
finishing up my '67 1600. Hope I can drive it soon. I have a short list of
items I'm trying to address to make sure of reliability. One of them is
concerning the lock "tab" or washer that you peen against the bolt on the
crankshaft pulley. Mine is broke and I can't seem to find a replacement. Any
ideas on how to make sure it doesn't come loose. I believe it's supposed to
be torqued to 120 lbs. Can that be done by engaging the emergency brake
while it's in gear? If so what gear?
Thanks to all,
Mike Hudson  67-1600