Brake handle grip and shifter rattle

To: <datsun-roadsters-digest@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Brake handle grip and shifter rattle
From: "MURPHY, BARNEY D" <BMURPHY@scana.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:19:51 -0400
Hello fellow roadster community!

Has anyone found a replacement handbrake handle grip that will fit the
roadster? I have looked at the vendor sites and it looks like I will have to
buy the whole handbrake assembly to get one.

Also...has anyone experienced a rattling sound from the shifter (it quiets
down when I hold it)? It is not touching anything and the nut holding the
handle to the transmission is tight (maybe too tight?). The rubber boot
between the shifter and body is new and in place. The transmission is shifting
fine and is not making any noises.

Thanks for the guidance...
Barney
1969 2000