Re: TIMING

To: "Richard Hugi" <richard@tntarch.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TIMING
From: "Eric Frisbee" <efrisbee@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:12:22 -0500
Hi Richard,
       There should be five timing marks in, 5 degree increments,on your
crank pulley. They are kinda hard to see, so you may want to either paint or
maybe chalk up those little marks on your pulley so you can see them. To the
best of my recollection, there is no plate or gauge with the numbers in
degrees on them for any of the Datsun roadsters, just those crank pulley
timing marks.   Gary called me last night on that, but I wasn't sure about
if the later style smog engines had that "fin" on the timing cover or not,
but that matches up to the timing marks on the crank pulley and you can set
your timing from there.    Since you are running Garys EI distributor, you
can run up to 18-22 degrees pretty safely with the regapped plugs... just
watch that temperature gauge!   Best of luck!!!

Eric