Dealing with a salvage title

To: "'Datsun Roadsters list'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dealing with a salvage title
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 18:45:02 -0700
Getting ready to buy a '66 1600 when the seller discovered it's a salvage
title (seriously, he honestly didn't know). There appears to be no damage
anywhere, so it's possible the title was created from a lien or something.

Seller is in California; I'm in Washington State. Seller understands if I
want to cancel the buy.

I have no experience w/ salvage titles. I plan on doing a nice upgrade to
the car and keeping it forever, so the stigma of a salvage title affecting
resale isn't a factor.

I just want to know if anyone knows of any other issues when dealing w/
salvage titles, especially in Washington State, and/or anything else I
should do before committing to the purchase.

Thanks.

Pete
Pete Peters
Seattle, WA