Re: Rear end whine

To: ambradley@frontiernet.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear end whine
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:53:58 EDT
        Check your rear differential. Pull the fill plug and stick your pinky
in. The fluid should be up to the hole and should not smell burnt. If it's
been forever since the oil has been replaced go ahead and drain it out and
check
for fileings and refill with new 90W.

       Mine had a slow leak. As long as I added oil every year or so I had no
problems. I noticed that it had stopped leaking and figured it must have
sealed it's self. Wrong, all the oil had run out. Coming back from Shasta one
year
it started whining then screaming. Fortunatly I had a spare diff in the
attic.

keith