Re: SR20det swap

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SR20det swap
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 06:41:49 -0400
Actually I'd rather drive an under-powered car hard, than an over-powered
car easy. I recently had this discussion with a race car driver at Lime
Rock.

I've driven over-powered cars and it's not always fun as you need to be too
careful especially in the twisties and rain. I'm sure the turbo doesn't help
at all and careful planning going around sweeping corners is always
necessary so you don't go on/off boost. Talk to anyone who has owned an
early 930 Porsche.

The thought of blowing up parts is also not a pleasant thought in either
cost or time.

And I'm sure the car has a driveshaft hoop so if the driveshaft/u-joint
breaks it doesn't come flying into the passenger compartment or pirouette
the car.

I'd also think about having a Ford rear modified to fit the car.

IMHO,
Mike