Re: "Hybrid Cars" - warning: rant (alternative view)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Hybrid Cars" - warning: rant (alternative view)
From: "hallosb@juno.com" <hallosb@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 20:14:31 GMT
Laurie makes a good point, but let's not kid ourselves.  A lot of cars get
Frankenstein'ed because the PO was either too lazy or too cheap to fix the car
correctly in the first place.

I'm all for modifying a car that can't be fixed otherwise, but with the current
hot rod craze I'm afraid there won't be any original cars left.

I think there's room in the hobby for both modified and original. Personally,
I'm not a purist and won't restore my Roadster totally original.  Nevertheless,
if someone wants to go through all the trouble to get the correct hardware
(hose clamps, etc.), I'm not going to slam them for it.  I'll thank them for
preserving a little piece of history.

Dan McHatton
'66 1600