Where is Mt Shasta (was: Mt Shasta Report)

To: MillenG@aol.com
Subject: Where is Mt Shasta (was: Mt Shasta Report)
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:33:37 -0700
> Forgive me but where exactly is My Shasta?

Mount Shasta is in Northern California, pretty near the northern
border of the state. It's actually a volcano (inactive), part of the
Cascade range:

    http://vulcan.wr.usgs.gov/Volcanoes/Shasta/description_shasta.html

There's a small city there, and the west-coast Roadsters have
gathered there every summer for the past 20 years. By west
coast, I mean the entire western region, from deep in Southern
California to the provinces in Canada. Owners from as far away
as Florida, Japan, and even Australia make the trek. Last year,
Craig H even towed a car out from Virginia.

We had 66 cars make it this year - a respectable number, but
not a high water mark. We take over the parking lot at one of
the parks for a show 'n shine, and then later have a banquet,
raffle, and awards ceremony. In between we party, drive around,
and generally just kick back for the weekend.

-- John