RE: Idler box rebuild

To: "'Stephen Wan'" <Steve@olsonarchitect.com>
Subject: RE: Idler box rebuild
From: "Brian Hollands" <bhollan4@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 19:10:36 -0400
The vendors sell what you need to fix one, assuming the shaft isn't too
pitted.  If the shaft is badly pitted, you might be better off trying to
find another one.  Hard chrome plating is an option although it's not
cheap.
When I rebuilt mine, Dean at Fairlady had stopped doing it but someone
mentioned that he'd done one for them so maybe he's doing it again.  If
so, I can tell you that I'd let him do it rather than doing it myself
again.  I spent more time than I care to remember honing that damn lower
bushing to size.

Brian Hollands
CSP '69 Datsun 2000
Tampa, FL