Southern California route question...

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Southern California route question...
From: "Mark" <mark@JELLOFISH.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 19:45:56 -0700
This isn't about Datsun roadsters, but I'm hoping for a little input from
Southern California.  In the near future, I'm going to be taking Amtrak to
Santa Ana, to possibly buy and old Revcon motorhome.  I'll be driving it home
to Modesto and would like to avoid 'the Grapevine' if at all possible.

Is there a fairly pleasant route from Santa Ana (Orange County) to the coast,
then north to the SF bay area that I could take without encountering too many
big hills?  The Revcon has been sitting a while and I don't want to push it
too hard until I can get it home to my own tools and test equipment.

Any and all input will be appreciated, particularly including the best times
to navigate Southern California.

Thanks,

Mark in Modesto
Pale yellow  67.5   1600