Re: aluminum trim care

To: Will Slater <will45817@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: aluminum trim care
From: Marc&Heidi <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 08:41:07 -0500
The kick panels and tread pieces are anodized.  This is a coating that
bonds chemically with the aluminum  like those aluminum bodied
mag-light flashlights.  Ideally these should be chemically stripped by
an anodizing outfit, polished, and re-anodized.  Failing that, elbow
grease, or a buffing wheel, and some cleaning and polishing rouges
(eastwoodco.com) will work.  Without the anodized coating the panels
will scratch easily and oxidize, so you'll need to polish and wax them
periodically.

I got my parts re-anodized by a place in Burbank CA that may or may not
be there anymore since Lockheed went away.

-Marc