RE: Any differences between '66 and '67 1600?

To: "'Datsun Roadsters list'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Any differences between '66 and '67 1600?
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 16:23:01 -0700
Gee, you mean to say that 2.8L V-6 might have been a bad design? Hehehehehe,
just kidding. Everyone I know who knows anything knows those engines are one
of the biggest POS to ever be sold.

As for maintenance, I was raised to do my own. However, I've never had a
vehicle that required retorquing the intake manifold bolts on a regular
basis nor was it mentioned in the factory manuals or Haynes. Shoulda been.
The bolts loosened (and they were Loctited - guess they needed Loctite
Purple, lol) to let water into places water shouldn't be.

That said, other than being a gutless wonder and a PITA to work on, the
Trooper was pretty reliable until the problems started. Once fixed, reliable
again. I just sold it w/ almost 270k miles for $1400.

Pete