It Still Works

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: It Still Works
From: "SlowBoy" <slowboy@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 22:01:41 -0700
After three years of sitting along side of the house I pushed the poor thing
(70 SPL) into the garage. The last time it was started was 15 months ago.

These are terrible to look at when not covered but it was no beauty to start
with.

So, I decided that I'd finally pull the smog pump stuff out of the car and use
those cute little plugs I got from Tom Walter quite some time ago. Thanks
again Tom for making those.

After a week of soaking the air tubes on the head they came out very nicely. A
little antisieze and in went the plugs. While the valve cover was of I soaked
everything that resides in it with oil. I then primed the gas lines with
premium via lung power.

After a 5 second crank it took off on its own and warmed right up. Everything
still works as it did when it was parked three years ago; it just looks worse
than it did.

I guess this weekend I get to pull the fenders to see if I need patches from
Ross.

Well, that was my Datsun smiley for the day. ;O)