RE: Costs of running

To: "Carl Flippin" <carlf@perite.org>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Costs of running
From: "Rourke, Brian" <brian.rourke@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 11:22:19 +1000
The cost of running a 2000?? Is it a sloex or SU model. That can make a
difference. Solex "generally" use a little more fuel and you have the
large sump to fill each oil change. My 1970 solex car does about 33mpg.
Price of parts, when you can get them, are breathtaking and not for the
faint of heart, because of this these cars are becoming, I think, a bit
impractical as daily driver, but lots of people still use them as this.
Drivability? I have read on this list that the solex cars are not as
drivable as the SU's. I cant comment as I have never driven a SU
equipped car (we never got them in Australia). And make sure that you
have a good mechanic that is not too proud to ask the experts before
doing any work on the vehicle. Ask around about the common rust spots on
these cars.

http://www.datsun.org/roadster/default.html

Is a good place with a buyers guide.

You will get lots of good advice from this list as almost every one here
has been there and done that!!

All the best, Brian Rourke, Alice Springs, Australia.