Wingnuts And

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wingnuts And
From: "SlowBoy" <slowboy@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 17:38:15 -0700
Ahhhhh, the majority of roadster owners got their cars second hand as I did I
am sure.

With that said, I have always wondered why I have to look at nuts holding the
air filter top piece on. Where did the original wingnuts end up?

Today I found out that my 1966 car sucked the life right out of the Optima
battery. The car was telling me something for leaving it sit soooooo long.  My
own fault I guess as I forgot to take the battery cables off preventing the
little roadster from draining the life out of the battery so much so it caused
an open.

The plus side to the battery incident was the turn signals started working
again and I can now keep my left arm in the car again. Simply amazing.

While I was installing the aftermarket battery hold down on my pretty new
Optima I realized I was tightening wingnuts (hmmmmmmmmmmmm).  I ran out to the
other roadster and looked at the original wingnut it had to see if they
matched.

You betcha, the PO or one of them used the wingnuts or a set like them for the
aftermarket battery hold down, unless of course the orignal hold down used the
same wingnuts and now I am missing the hold down wingnuts.  Now there's a
dilemma. Soooo, what does the original hold down look like and are the
wingnuts the same, provided they used wingnuts for the hold down?

This and questions like this are the very reason why we should all have gotten
our roadsters (1967.5 2000's ta boot) new off the dealer show room floor. I
know I could have gotten a car loan somewhere at the ripe age of six.   ;O)

And NO, I did not disconnect the battery cables because the new Optima battery
I got under a pro-rated status for half price has a two year FULL (no
pro-rating) replacement warranty. In 23 months I will start disconnecting the
battery again.