Re: To tow, or trailer?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: To tow, or trailer?
From: <efrisbee@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:50:57 +0000
I've towed many a roadster with a towbar...  daily drivers, to "Oh my God, what
the hell is that chunk of rust you are towing?"  My longest trips towing
roadsters have been the 850 mile trip from Colorado to Missouri.   I've never
had a problem with the towbar, but you do have to check the towbar bolts every
gas fillup.  I would definately recommend welding in a bumper support on to the
frame if you are planning to do that all the time.

Trailer... I have nothing but nice things to say about trailers!  I picked up a
nice custom built 2 3500lb axle rig(but without the trailer brakes) and took a
trip to Colorado to pick up another car back in November.   So much easier, you
can back the trailer up, and absolutely no problems/wear-n-tear to worry about
on the roadster.   I know you can run a smaller 1 axle trailer for your
roadster as well.

Good luck on your decision!

Eric