On the road again

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: On the road again
From: Phill Brook <fairlady@telstra.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 22:45:16 +1000
This coming Saturday I will finally get to drive my roadster for
the first time in almost 2 1/2 years. It won't be just a drive
around the block, but rather the 700mile trip from Melbourne
to Sydney via the scenic route.

During the time off the road the whole drivetrain has been
rebuilt and a lot of little tidy-up jobs have been done.

A baseline dyno run today showed 94rear wheel kilowatts at
just under 6000rpm. The car was running rich and the plugs
and leads need to be changed. The objective is to get just
over 100rwkw (almost 200hp at the flywheel) when the car is
fully tuned and run-in.

The drive home, especially the mountain sections, should be a
lot of fun.

Regards,
Phill Brook
www.user.bigpond.com/fairlady