RE: oil cooler

To: "datsun" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: oil cooler
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 15:30:28 -0800
Oil coolers on street cars are a waste (except for the "cool" factor) and
can actually degrade performance. Oil likes to be at around 220-240 degrees
for best engine power output. At lower temperatures than that, it just adds
drag and sucks up power. Unless you are autocrossing in the Southwest, I
doubt if you need an oil cooler even for that. If you really think you need
an oil cooler, start by installing an oil temp gauge and finding out what
its running at now.