calibrating Temp Gauge

To: "Datsun roadster list " <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: calibrating Temp Gauge
From: "J Sylvester" <jsylvester3136@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 13:03:18 -0600
Is there any way to recalibrate the temp gauge?

If getting a new temp sender and sorting out the ground, the gauge now
works, but it reads extremely low - just barely into the normal range that's
marked on about the bottom 1/8 of the dial.  If the gauge reads from 120 to
250, it would seem the guage is reading about 125 fully warm.

Is there any way to recalibrate the gauge so I can drive with some
confidence knowing I'm not over heating or is the gauge just very imprecise
and will it read hot if it is (as the needle pegs when I went straight to
ground to test the gauge).

Thanks!!

Jim Sylvester
'68 2000