Re: Do I need one?

To: <TCR2B@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Do I need one?
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@schroeder-family.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 00:40:22 -0600
If you are using a standard coil you need one.  Most coils are designed to
run on about 8 volts.  The function of the resistor is to drop about 4 or 5
volts from the normal electrical system.  When the starter is engaged the
resistor is bypassed to supply full battery power.  This is to compensate
for the lower battery voltage when cranking.  Some after market coils don't
require them, however.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000
SRL311-13359
TDROC
Home page http://schroeder-family.us
e-mail  roadster@schroeder-family.us

Behold the superfluous. They are always sick. They
vomit their gall and call it a newspaper.
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche   1844-1900