Illinois Emissions test and compression thanks!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Illinois Emissions test and compression thanks!
From: <efrisbee@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 23:02:28 +0000
Thanks to all your gurus out there!  I could not find the compression specs for
my '70 2000 and very much appreciate your kind help!   I still don't know why I
have a 10 PSI difference between the front two cylinders and the rear two
cylinders, but I'm not gonna worry too much about it though!

This weekend, I changed out a leaking header, an intake manifold gasket that
was actually leaking a tiny amount of coolant into #4 cylinder, and a faulty
backup switch on my transmission.   I also found that my starter was held on by
one bolt, my engine mounts are completely shot and my transmission mount had no
bolts to hold it on my transmission!  My brother came up to help me out with
these projects too and we had a blast!  I'm saving pulling the head for another
day!  Thank you all for your help and thoughts!!

Finally... for those in Illinois, any advice/thoughts/tips for passing the
emissions?   I don't have a "sniffer" for the exhaust, so can't just customize
it.   I have a '70 2000 in good running shape with newer Z-therapy carbs, Gary
Boone EI Dizzy, new timing chains, mostly new exhaust now and in pretty good
running shape.   Any help would be most appreciated!!

Eric