RE: Datsun Vs Deer (OT)

To: "Roadster Dude" <roadstrdude@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Datsun Vs Deer (OT)
From: "Brad Lustig" <bradlustig@landscapepavers.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 10:43:32 -0500
Whew!  Glad you're OK (You especially and the Datsun and deer also).  About
the closest call I've heard of when it comes to almost hitting a deer, it
happened to one of my best friends.  He was driving along a dark road in the
back-country.  Fog was just starting to settle in before sunup.  He was
drowsy, but luckily not to the point of falling asleep.  Well, all of a
sudden he sees the outline of a "deer in the headlights".  This one wasn't
moving!  He slammed on brakes and locked all four wheels up and was sliding
straight towards the deer.  Just when he was within inches of the deer and
almost stopped, the deer decided to jump off the road.  The deer kicked its
rear legs out when it jumped and just barely tapped my friends front bumper
with its hoof.  There was one tiny mar on the bumper.  My friend, 0    Deer
0.001
Oh yeah, my friend said that if the deer hadn't jumped, his bumper probably
would have been resting against the deer's shin.
Needless to say, my friend wasn't drowsy the rest of the trip home!

Brad