Re: Oil drainback

To: "Gary Boone" <gaboone70@earthlink.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil drainback
From: "Eric Frisbee" <efrisbee@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:50:10 -0600
What's "Winter Dormancy"???    ;)

I have a similar problem with my '70 2000 daily driver.   I use the K&N 2008
filters, but seems to have an empty oil filter at startup every time.

Eric

> I removed the oil filter the other day after the engine hadn't been
started since about October and found the oil filter empty.  I thought I had
redundant features to prevent oil drainback but apparently neither one are
effective.  I have the anti-drainback tube and a supposed good
anti-drainback valve built into the oil filter, which is a Purolator Pure
One.  Is anyone else experiencing the same thing after winter dormancy?  Is
it necessary to use a sealant on the anti-drainback tube?