No Lights

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: No Lights
From: TCR2B@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 14:02:36 EST
Hey List,

I finally had some time to work on my '66 1600 yesterday.  I was cleaning up
the turn signal indicator housing where I had installed an aftermarket stering
wheel.  Re-installed the housing & my turn signals work fine, but no lights
(they worked OK before).  I did hear the light relay kick on a few times when I
was re-installing the switch.

I know - I didn't need to take the TS housing off, I just thought I'd clean
it - that'll teach me.

Symptoms:

- No lights whatsoever
- Heater & wipers work fine
- Turn signals work fine
- Horn doesn't work, but that's another story
- Fuses appear to be OK, will replace in case they have a hairline crack

Took the headlight relay off, cleaned the spade terminals, took the "can" off
& cleaned the contacts, replaced.  The contacts looked OK as far as I could
tell.

Still no lights

Anything you guys can suggest?  I'm somewhat "electrically-challeanged", but
I'm getting better.  Any way to test the relay, etc. ?

TIA,

Mike Davenport
'66 1600
VA