water tube hook-up

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: water tube hook-up
From: "John McCarthy" <bmccarthy67@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 23:16:36 +0000
I installled my new carbs on my 67 1600 and the car jumped to life. While I
had no manifold on I went ahead and put my heater valve on the firewall and
the water tube under the carb heatshield (they were never on before,the
water line was looped from the water pump to the head). Anyway, as the car
heated up the rad and the overflow started to grumble and it sounded as if
they would expload. I shut down and checked the thermostat and front hoses,
the only connections new to me are the two hoses from the heater core to the
water tube. Question: the water tube on the firewall end has two
inlet/outlets one is low and one is high straight off of the turn-cock valve
inline on the tube. I currently have the high end looping down to the heater
valve and the low to the other heater core tube. Does that sound right?

Thanks in advance, John