Re: wide tires and front suspension bits

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: wide tires and front suspension bits
From: Andy Cost <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 09:12:51 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
I've been running 11" wide slicks on my autocross car for several years now and
haven't noticed an unusual amount of wear.  Some racers have noted that the
wheel bearings tend to get loose quickly.  I typically tighten the wheel
bearings at least twice a season.  I have replaced a couple of lower ball
joints and an idler but they were probably bad to begin with.  I don't think
extra wide street compound tires will generate a whole lot more wear on the
suspension than skinny ones.  If you do find a lot of worn out parts I would
suspect it is because they are 35 years old and not because of excessive tire
loads.