Re: No Start

To: Andrew Murphy <solex675@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: No Start
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:55:03 -0600 (CST)
Andrew,

There are a number of things that can cause this problem. The one I
experienced on my 67.5 is the connector above the starter, under the
carbs. Be sure it is seated and the contacts are clean. I suspect that
because you had your car redone that htis is not your problem though.

You could have a bad starter solenoid.

Your ignition switch could be bad.

The connector on the ignition switch could be loose.

My vote goes to a loose connector.

I'd be more than happy to fix it for you, just drive it to Texas and we
should be able to get it fixed in no time!

Good luck.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA