RE: 2000 lower chain guide

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 2000 lower chain guide
From: "Brian Hollands" <Brian_Hollands@adp.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 11:35:12 -0500
I've done it both ways.  First without and suffered a lower chain
failure.  I think the chain was defective but bottom line was it was
coming apart and would have toasted the engine if it did.
This time, the guide is in.  No problems so far.  If the lower guide
does fail, I usually winds up harmlessly falling to the bottom of the
engine.  Not that it couldn't cause a problem.
Not a big deal to have the L cut off the upper guide but the real issue
is not the L, it's slackened chains.  The L won't fail if the chain
doesn't cut it off.

Brian '69 2000
Tampa, FL
web.Tampabay.rr.com/oilleak