Re: Forwarded: Roll Bar Blues

To: "RWM" <RWM@rwmann.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Forwarded: Roll Bar Blues
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 08:58:27 -0500
I agree with Bob's assessment however there is an awful lot of junk being
sold out there and some of those items can be dangerous to your health and
especially to your kid's health.

Although the USA is 'sue crazy' there are some times when there are  genuine
reasons to sue a company for selling defective products. I still remember
the 69 SS396 Camaro my dad owned and which I totalled because the motor
mount broke and the police car that was behind me couldn't figure out what
happened when it accelerated on me unexpectedly at a prodigious rate which I
could not control. A year later Chevy recalled almost every car they made to
fix a motor mount problem with the unintended consequence of unexpected
acceleration. Chevy knew about the problem for a long time and did nothing
about it. Their fix was to attach a chain to the motor and frame.

Unfortunately the recall came a year after the car was destroyed and the
'corpse' was already gone. Fortunately I was wearing my seat belt and was
unhurt except for 2 broken fingers.

Mike