Re: valve lkearance adjustments

To: Marko Lahtinen <lahtinen_marko@yahoo.com.au>
Subject: Re: valve lkearance adjustments
From: "ambradley@frontiernet.net" <ambradley@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:10:18 -0500
I can tell you what I do, others are free to correct any mistakes.
First, warm up the engine because the adjustment (.017", I believe) is
warm, not cold.  Second, adjust whatever valve is the opposite of the
open valves.  That is, if valve #1 (closest to the radiator) is open,
adjust valve #8 (closest to the firewall).  If #4 is open, adjust #5,
and so on.  Do this until you've adjusted all eight and double-check
the clearance a few times, and you're done.  Don't forget to remove the
coil wire so you don't accidentally start the car when you're blipping
the starter to move to the next valves!