OT ~'80 VW Rabbit Cabrolet for sale (bay area)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: OT ~'80 VW Rabbit Cabrolet for sale (bay area)
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 15:40:26 -0600 (CST)
My niece is attending UC Berkley and has a VW that she wants to get rid
of. This car was gone through completely (cosmetic) about 2~3 years ago.
She has been using it to drive to school and home for several years. In
the last year it has been less reliable than she needs, with a bad fuel
pump, the top slashed to get to the radio, and a few other things. She
says she will take less than $1000 for it.

This car belonged to her mother in the early '80's, I don't recall if she
bought it new, or shortly thereafter. When I saw it a year ago I couldn't
believe what good shape it was in cosmetically.

The current condition is (I saw it a year ago):

Body/paint - great (black)
Interior - looked new
Top had a cut in it
No radio

Since then the radio and top were replaced, but the top was cut again, and
the radio taken again. I am told that there is a little bit of prying to the
glove box.

Currently the car is not running, she thinks it is the fuel pump again,
but she is not a car person and has not had anyone look at it. If I had
the time I would fly out there, fix it, and  and drive it back to Texas.

If anyone is interested please contact me and I will get your contact
information to her.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA