Splitting inner rear fenders

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Splitting inner rear fenders
From: "Brian Hollands" <Brian_Hollands@adp.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 14:25:30 -0500
Hey you guys with body work experience.  I'm bulging out my rear fenders
for tire clearance.  After removing some of the undercoat from the wheel
well, I'm wondering how difficult it is to split the inner rear fender
(wheel well) at the factory seam.  I was planning on cutting about an
inch outboard of the factory seam but if it won't mangle the metal,
splitting the seam would be more elegant.  Looks like it's got lots of
small spot welds holding it on.  Seems like it would be a bear to drill
them all out.  Any thoughts?

Brian '69 2000

Tampa, FL

web.Tampabay.rr.com/oilleak