Newbie to the List

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Newbie to the List
From: Rick Emery <ricknewlywed@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:31:10 -0800 (PST)
  Hello everybody!  I just joined the list after
trying  to get on it for some time.  I guess it was
due to problems with my old email address, but hey-I'm
here now!

  I have wanted a roadster since I was 18 (1975), and
finally I found a woman who would put up with the
insanity.  One of the local owners (Keith Williams)
not only sold me a '66 1600, he helped me put it on
the road.  There is still a lot of work left though...

  A couple of questions:
  1.  I am having the head reworked as the pressure
readings I took varied between 150 and 195 PSI, and
I'm working on the assumption (I hope correct) that
the high pressue is probably due to the head being
milled a whole buttload.  In order to keep the car on
the road, I am doing all this on a spare smog head
that should mike out at about 3.235" when they get
done.  I have procured all the replacement parts that
I knew about, but someone mentioned something about a
round plate that goes under the individual valves on
aluminum heads.  Is this true, and if so, where do I
find them?

  2.  Recently my headlights started acting up.  When
I go to the middle position on the switch, I get both
parking lights and headlights.  When I go to either
the top OR bottom position, all the lights shut off.
Before I tear into the wiring and/or rip apart the
switch and relay, does this sound familiar to anyone
out there?

  There are some other things, but I don't want to
make myself a pest too fast!

  In the meantime, I'll read all the posts and see
what I can do to further deucate myself on keeping my
baby running right.

  Rick Emery
  Las Vegas '66 1600