San Diego Burning

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: San Diego Burning
From: Dennis Currington <dc@datsuns.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 11:37:13 -0800
With all this trash talk going on the past couple days I think we need
to focus on some more important things.

Right now a raging fire is going on within 3 miles of my house and has
already consumed 1,000s of acres and  approaching a 50 homes, and more
importantly, seven deaths.  My house is hopefully not in the path,
although there are winds up to 60MPH and 5% humidity out there. I know
some of our Roadster friends are right in the middle of this fire.

Right now there are 5 major fires circling San Diego, all started this
morning around 8:30am......sorta strange???

Fire has just jumped a 10 lane freeway and is burning on the Miramar
Marine Air Station and they are thinking about getting some of the
planes out of there.  Fire is burning right next to the runways .  Not a
good situation.

Here are a couple pictures I took about 30 min ago out my back yard:

http://www.racerguy.com/backyard1_10-26_12PM.JPG
http://www.racerguy.com/backyard2_10-26_12PM.JPG

Let's keep things in perspective.

--