Run around the Lake write up

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Run around the Lake write up
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex675@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 19:47:00 -0700
Hey All,

For the first time I took my roadster out for the purpose for which it was
made: a fun run with other roadster people. The weather was perfect and the
turn out was pretty good: five roadsters made the run. I was sad to hear
that Steve Allen had mechanical problems and was not able to make the run. I
was truly looking forward to meeting another certifiable "Roadster Nut".
Next time for sure Steve.

Mike Young showed up in a very pretty 64 1500. It's the blue one for sale on
his website and I can attest to be being a very original low mileage car
with all the 1500 doo dads intact. A pretty car that kept right up with my
solexed 67 2000. Great car.

Tobin Ginter arrived in a 67.5 1600. A very nice beige grey metallic car.
Very original and very complete. Adam Bradley and his wife showed up in his
1970 1600 and a gentleman whose name escapes me brought a 70 2000.

After gawking at the cars for a while, we had Fosters Freeze burgers for
lunch and then took off. I had a great time leading and took some very
spirited turns. The yokos on my car were way sticky and the front comp
suspension is just a pleasure in the turns. Power to spare even though I am
still breaking in the engine and keeping it below 4500 rpms. 5k rev limiter
will keep me honest until the engine is broken in enough to put the 6k in.

Thanks so much for everyone that came out to see the car. I had a great time
and look forward to sharing the road with you again.

Once I get home I am going to clean the car back up and take some completion
picks and post them on the website. The ca is a pleasure to drive.

Back home soon.

Andrew Murphy
SRL311-00489

Need more e-mail storage? Get 10MB with Hotmail Extra Storage.