Two long days later......

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Two long days later......
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex675@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 19:43:52 -0700
Hello All,

Well, after a crazy two days I am safe and sound at my mother's house. I
want to first apologize to those folks who wanted to meet me during my trip
down, but things just did not work out for me. I did get to meet one
roadster owner ont he way home and got to see the purple lips racer.

Just as I was getting ready to get going home a pretty good storm hit the
Northwest. Even the Canadian's were saying "Ugly day, eh?". 50 mph winds and
driving rain. I had to drive the car across the borderand then on towards
home. I rented a covered trailer and truck and brought the car South. In
Longview, Washington and dropped off the truck and had Pizza with Tim Scott
who has a garage full of roadsters, including the purplpe lips racer, a 67
2000, and a RHD 69 2000. Very cool.

After I got below the weather, I drove South and reached Portland at 8:30
PM- 7 hours after I had planned to. Varying the revs to help break the
engine in I kept it no higher than 4,000 RPM (5000 rev limit chip in the MSD
6AL) I made it to Gran'ts Pass at 12:30 AM. Stayed at a killer B&B and then
hit the road this morning and arrived in Lucerne at 5:00 PM- weather
gorgeous.

Car drove well and I will post completion pics by next week.

Looking forward to the run tomorrow!

Andrew Murphy
SRL311-00489

Express yourself with MSN Messenger 6.0 -- download now!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_general