1967.5 2000 Pick Up and trip home update

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 1967.5 2000 Pick Up and trip home update
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex675@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:09:43 -0700
Hello All,

The last three days have been a blur as I have gained a whole new repsect
for what the restoration houses go through to get a car done. I cannot
believe how many little details there are when it comes to finishing off the
project. More to come on that later.

I did not get to drive the car today as it rained all day. :-( I took the
oportunity to watch Dave and Mike put the finishing touches on the car. It
truly is a spectacular car. I am totally biased, but I believe the bar has
been raised...

Now for the bad news: I am going to have to cancel both the Tukwila and
Woodburn stops. The rain is going to force me to trailer the car to the
South until I get clear of the rain. For that reason it is going to be some
scramble time while I get the trailering arranged. I am very sorry that I
will not see everyone on the way home, but mother nature has decided to make
this trip home a challenge.

The run around the lake is still going to happen as scheduled. Meet in
Lucerne on October 18th at noon. Some of you have written asking for the run
info, so here it is again.

On the Morning of October 16th, I will be starting my journey South from
Canada in my newly restored 1967.5 2000. After a night stop in Grants Pass,
Oregon I will be visiting my mother in Lucerne, Ca. Lucerne is a small town
on the Northern shore of Clearlake which is located just North of the Napa
valley in the Wine Country of California.

After speaking with my mom about it, I figure that Lucerne is an ideal place
to meet for the Run around the Lake for those who wish to come out and have
a nice roadster day. There is a large park in Lucerne with plenty of parking
and picnic tables where we can do a meet and greet, ogle the cars for a
while and then do the run around the lake. Upon return to the park, we can
have a picnic and of course look at the cars some more.

There is a Fosters Freeze and a pizza place right across the street from the
park, so if you are not in a picnic mood you will have some food options. So
here is the run information as far as getting to the meeting site.

If you are coming up the 101, you have the option of driving all the way up
to Ukiah and then catching hiway 20. You then take hiway 20 East to Lucerne.
Between 8th and 9th street is th park and it will be on your right. I will
be there looking for roadsters. If you want to, you can take hiway 175 over
the mountains to Lakeport and shave a lot of time. However, if you do this
you will hit switchback roads at the top of the mountains. Don't cut the
corners! CHP keeps planes up there to catch people doing it and when you get
to the bottom of the hill there will be a CHP unit to wave you over to give
you a ticket. Ask me how I know...

If you are coming up from Santa Rosa, Napa, or someplace in the Napa Valley,
just take hiway 29 North until it turns into hiway 53. Continue North until
you get to hiway 20 and turn left. Enter Lucerne and the park will be on
your left between 8th and 9th street.

If you are coming up from Sacramento or Modesto, take I-5 to hiway 20 (in
williams) and turn left and head towards the coast. When you get to Lucerne,
the park will be on your left between 8th and 9th street.

The run is set for Saturday, October 18th. It's 2 hours from Sacramento and
about 70-75 minutes from Rohnert Park. Napa peeps shouls make in an hour or
so. I hope to see everyone there! I figure the meet and greet will start at
noon and we shall go on the run around 1 PM.

If no one decides to come, I shall enjoy the run myself and then go have
some pizza.

See you there!

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 (Now completely restored)

Surf and talk on the phone at the same time with broadband Internet access.
Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local service
providers in your area).  https://broadband.msn.com