"Vintage" Fasteners

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: "Vintage" Fasteners
From: "Eric A. Isaacson" <eric.isaacson@jbtool.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 11:16:45 -0500
Greetings,

I know I have more important things to worry about (like rust holes and
missing parts) than original style fasteners, but what are the best
resources to match original fasteners from the Roadster?  I have broken
bolts, head stripped screws, and missing fasteners.  Granted, some like the
"bridge head?" bolts for the front fenders are available, but what about
those round head screws (really narrow head) for the door latch or the
indented hex cap bolts for the hood striker?

Thanks,

Eric A. Isaacson
Fort Wayne, Indiana
1968 Datsun 1600 Sports